Chirology (Chiro – hand, ology – the study of) is the study of the dimensions of the hand to ascertain psychology, emotional characteristics and health predispositions and diagnosis.
How did modern chirology develop?
- Scientific studies on the hand began at the end of the 19th century, research in prisons found correlations with certain hand features among inmates and soon after the exploration of fingerprints and genetics led to further insights.
- In the early 20th century, psychologists such as Julius Spier began to study the hands in relation to personality and character traits.
- From the 1940s, physicians and doctors such a Charlotte Wolfe began to study the hands in relation to mental health and psychological disorders, finding significant relationships in the hand shapes, fingers, lines, nails and prints.
- By the end of the 20th century, a complex empirical understanding of the hands had been established by chirologists and other professionals and technical schools of hand analysis were established.
- In the 21st century, research into dermatoglyphics showed how the fingerprints and the brain share the same ectodermal origin. Scientific research shows; bipolar depression, schizophrenia, anxiety, autism, Asperger’s and psychosis etc. all have fingerprint correlations.
- Additionally, research into finger length and hormones reveals that just from the ratios we can see: prenatal testosterone and oestrogen levels, sporting ability, musical ability, language and communication development, cardio efficiency and much more.
- Hand research continues through the study of shape, lines, fingers and prints, which give detailed insight into a persons psychology and physiology.
How can Chirology help me?
Hand analysis is like reading somebody’s blue print. It gives a deep and complete picture of your physical, emotional and psychological character in an instant.
This makes it a very unique tool; it doesn’t require meeting you face to face, it doesn’t require “getting to know you” and it doesn’t require multiple sessions and lots of time.
It is a completely objective, accurate and insightful method that allows you to understand yourself better. Ever wondered,
Why you are the way you are?
How to improve your life?
What things you could change to benefit you?
How to avoid repeating mistakes?
What your greatest strengths are and how to use them?
We are not always consciously aware of our own thought patterns and why we are the way we are, but your hands literally show you this.
When you have your hands read, you receive a complete map of yourself. You can then find the answers to your questions, navigate your own life better and feel more confident in yourself, all in just 1 hour.
How can your hands tell you so much?
The hands are more linked to the brain than any other part of the body. 30% of the brains motor cortex function goes straight to the hands.
- The lines and markings are created through cerebral activity, so you are literally reading how somebody’s mind works and their thought processes.
- The shape, size and weight of the hand are dictated by hormones.
- The palmar lines are caused by cognitive activity and are a reflection of the nervous system.
What about my health?
Digestive disorders, aerobic conditions, chronic fatigue, cardiovascular conditions and depression/anxiety are some of the conditions that can be identified by the hand.
These conditions can be seen in a multitude of ways, showing the complexity and variety of underlying causes, as well as the different physical, psychological and emotional meanings.
For bookings and enquires please go to private readings or contact